Who Raped Veronica Mars?
Status: Solved. Twice.
"You want to know how I lost my virginity? So do I."
But she didn't let that get in her way. To show their whispering and backstabbing did not affect her, she went to a party at Shelly Pomroy's; all the usual 09ers were there, including Duncan and Logan. There, someone handed her a drink that was your average "rum, Coke, and roofie." She drank and became unconscious.
The next morning she woke up in a bed and her panties were on the floor. After reporting this to Sheriff Lamb, who did nothing, she was left to figure it out herself. She did not tell her father about the rape, because she wasn't sure what he would do with that information. Who gave her the drink? Who raped her? How could she find out who it was if she couldn't remember anything about that night?
Seeing stars and Chinese lanterns in a video of a drugged girl doing unmentionable things with a Popsicle, Veronica remembered the party and the presence of those same stars and lamps. She found proof that it was the same night, the same party. Questioning the girl's boyfriend revealed a horrific truth: the supplier of the drug, GHB, was Logan Echolls. Veronica had not allowed herself to dwell on the rape, but was now compelled to uncover the truth.
Investigation and interrogation led her to see the party through the eyes of others and piece together the sordid events of that night. Of how Dick begged some GHB from Luke, to make girlfriend Madison less lukewarm. Of how Madison rejected the sugar-filled drink just as Veronica came into view. Of Madison's nasty little trick of giving those she dislikes a "trip to the dentist" by spitting in their drink. Of Veronica drinking the vile brew and succumbing to the deadly mix. Of Veronica stumbling over bodies in her intoxication and finding brief respite on a quiet sun lounger. Of the boys of Neptune, including Logan, entertaining themselves with body shots and pouring alcohol down her throat, sowing the seeds of her sluttish reputation. Of Duncan, who tried to help her and was slipped GHB by Logan. Of Dick carrying her unconscious body to a bedroom so brother Beaver could get his first lay, but Beaver told her that he chickened out and ran away.
And so to the last act. To Duncan, himself drugged and lacking the inhibitions that had kept him away from her after being told she was his sister, finding her there, soft and loving. They make love, but the next morning, horrified, Duncan flees and leaves her to wake up alone with no memory of what happened.
Veronica had vowed to find her rapist and make him pay, but everyone was guilty of something. With so many people responsible and yet no one to take the blame, uncovering the truth about that night had become her closure.
It was premature, for there was an epilogue, one she missed until she was diagnosed with chlamydia. Beaver lied when he told her that he had not touched her that night. He had and passed on the disease that he had contracted after being abused by his Little League coach. He wanted to prove he was a man. All he proved was that he was a rapist. It took all Veronica had, and some help from Logan, to stop her from shooting the dirty dog for this and other sins on the rooftop of the Neptune Grand. Her closure shattered, what now for Veronica Mars?
Mystery Summary as of 2.22 "Not Pictured"All summaries: 2.22 1.22 1.21 1.20 1.01
Clues for Who Raped Veronica Mars?
- 1.01 "Pilot"
- When Veronica goes to Shelly Pomroy's party, she has already been ostracized for standing by her father.
- Veronica's rum and Coke is spiked with rohypnol.
- Veronica has no idea who spiked her drink.
- When she comes to, she discovers that she has been raped, and has thus also lost her virginity.
- She reports the rape to Sheriff Don Lamb, but he is insulting and entirely dismissive as she cannot identify who it was. He does not investigate.
- 1.04 "The Wrath of Con"
- Veronica tells Logan, Lilly and Duncan that she is a virgin the night of the 2003 Homecoming Dance.
- 1.10 "An Echolls Family Christmas"
- Logan uses the word 'virgin' to describe Veronica.
- 1.20 "M.A.D."
- Veronica recognizes the stars and Chinese lanterns in the background of a video of her classmate Carmen as the same ones from Shelly Pomroy's party. She confirms that the video was taken on the same night: December 6, 2003. Carmen, like Veronica, doesn't remember that night.
- Veronica questions Tad, the guy who took the video at Shelly's party, and learns that she and Carmen were both drugged with GHB, not rohypnol.
- Tad tells Veronica he got the GHB from Logan.
- 1.21 "A Trip to the Dentist"
- Logan got Liquid X in Tijuana with Sean and Luke. They planned to use it at a rave.
- Meg saw a group of guys, which included Logan, doing body shots off Veronica. She wanted to intervene but didn't when saw someone else come to Veronica's aid.
- Luke gave the GHB to Dick Casablancas to give to his girlfriend, Madison. He later saw Madison writing "Slut" on the windshield of Veronica's car.
- Madison claims Veronica made out with several guys at the party, including Dick and Casey. Casey, however, remembers Dick being the instigator. He also saw Dick and Sean feeding Veronica shots to try and get her to make out with Shelly Pomroy.
- Sean says Dick brought Veronica into a guest bedroom and told Beaver to take advantage of her.
- When Veronica confronts him, Dick says he found her and Beaver in the guest bedroom.
- Beaver confirms that Dick and Sean brought her there, but he denies ever touching her. He says he left her in the room when he went outside to throw up (on Carrie's shoes). He also says that Logan left the party early with a freshman named Cindy.
- Carrie saw who was with Veronica in the bedroom, undressing her. It was Duncan.
- Veronica confronts Duncan, who says that the sex was consensual. He left her alone the next morning because Celeste had told him Veronica was his sister and he was aghast that he had slept with her.
- Logan tells Veronica that he spiked Duncan's drink with GHB so Duncan could "have some fun," and he feels responsible for what happened.
- 1.22 "Leave It to Beaver"
- The results of Keith's paternity test confirm that he is Veronica's biological father.
- Veronica tells Duncan that they are not related.
- 2.20 "Look Who's Stalking"
- Veronica is diagnosed with chlamydia.
- The doctor confirms that it could have been in her system for a couple of years.
- 2.21 "Happy Go Lucky"
- In a recording sent to Woody Goodman to blackmail him into sabotaging a referendum for incorporation, three boys discuss being abused by Woody when they were on his Little League team. Two of the boys, both victims of the bus crash, want to expose Woody. The third boy's voice is edited out.
- 2.22 "Not Pictured"
- Veronica learns that Woody Goodman, who abused members of his Little League team, had chlamydia.
- Veronica identifies all the members of the team on which the two boys played. The last person she identifies is Beaver.
- Veronica realizes that Beaver was responsible for infecting her with chlamydia and raped her the night of Shelly Pomroy's party.